Sources of current-ish maps (dates are not always provided and it can be difficult to know if what you're ordering is new or 10+ years old):

https://www.evmaplink.com/

https://www.mapshop.com/maps-by-state/ohio-maps/

https://www.mapsales.com/state-wall-maps/ohio-wall-maps.aspx

https://store.randmcnally.com/travel-maps-guides.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw2OiaBhBSEiwAh2ZSPwZa03_SnqaGeM7AOl7Y4oSActYfNwOdDSxeP8EYP96JjE16GRUkPBoC3_UQAvD_BwE

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/maps

worldmapsource.com

There are a couple of places that sell globes and they also sell paper maps ... here is one example: https://www.ultimateglobes.com/p/toledo-ohio-wall-map/

If your library isn't a federal depository library, or if you don't get all the maps, try the https://store.usgs.gov/maps to find things of interest

Your state transportation department likely produces paper maps: https://www.transportation.ohio.gov/about-us/resources/maps

In addition, various county and city government offices may also have paper maps, plat atlases, etc.

I've found that you can find new maps at amazon.com

if you're looking to get some older maps try ebay.com, abebooks.com, etsy.com, redbubble.com

There are a number of local map producers in each state. You can contact [log in to unmask] (north american cartographic information society) who may be able to provide you the names of cartographers/map publishers in your state. Or do a search online and/or find a business directory for your state.

You probably want current plat atlases. You can buy those through Rockford Map (rockfordmap.com). They have many Ohio atlases.

It wouldn't hurt to find out about digital collections online - many libraries have extensive collections available free of charge online (Library of Congress, American Geographical Society Library, Boston Public Library, and more).

Explore GIS skills and data sets ...

I'm not advocating for or against any of these publishers, sellers or databases. It's up to you to find what you're looking for. I recommend you join ALA and select the MAGIRT group - Map & Geospatial Information Round Table (MAGIRT) and network with those folks. And, of course, you're subscribed to Maps-L and you can always ask for help here!

Best of luck. If you ever have questions, feel free to contact me off list. I'm happy to help!

Angie Cope

AGS Library, UW Milwaukee Libraries

2311 E. Hartford Avenue

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211