Very sorry to learn of this.

Stephen Stanton

Geology Library

University of Missouri, Columbia

From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Fry, Michael
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2023 9:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: leaving NGS

[Apologies for the cross-post]

My 12-year tenure at Nat'l Geo comes to an end tomorrow. There's no need for a map librarian and collection manager under the new "strategic plan." The physical library is being closed, and book, map, and atlas collections are being shipped to offsite storage.

Future correspondence can go to: [log in to unmask]. Here's hoping we meet again...

mf

--

Michael Fry
Collections Manager | Map Library Manager

National Geographic Society Library, Archives & Media Management
202.807.3139

1145 17th St., NW, Washington, DC 20036