Hi all,

The mapping project reviews are taken. Thanks to everyone for their interest.

Ilene

From: Ilene Raynes
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2023 10:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]; Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Looking for two reviewers for digital mapping projects

Hi All-

I'm the Review Editor for the "Atlas and Book Review" section of the WAML Information Bulletin. As we continue with our expansion to the "Atlas and Book Review" section to include digital mapping project reviews, I'm seeking a volunteer to review the following mapping projects. We have gotten permission from the creators of these projects to review them:

https://notanatlas.org/ This Is Not an Atlas

https://www.thetexasfreedomcoloniesproject.com/atlas Texas Freedom Colonies Atlas 2.1

Specific reviewer guidelines will be sent to the reviewer, but to give you a sneak peek of what we will expect, here are some prompts to shape your review:

  *   Highlight any justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion elements.
  *   Describe and critique the user experience and web accessibility when navigating the project.
  *   Describe any accompanying non-map information such as photographs, text, and other media.

If you are interested in reviewing one of these mapping projects for the March issue of the IB, please contact me directly off-list. The deadline will be the last week in March, and I'll send you a specific date once you are chosen. You will also receive complete reviewer guidelines. I'll send another email out once the reviewers are chosen and these projects are no longer available for review.

In the future (but not immediately) we will be soliciting ideas of mapping projects to review, so be on the lookout in the next few months for a form to complete if you have ideas. The form will have specific criteria that the project needs to meet to be considered.

Thank you and please let me know if you have questions.

Ilene
Ilene Raynes
Map Library Program Manager
Rare and Distinctive Collections
(Includes Special Collections, Archives, Government Information Library, and Map Library)
Located in the Jerry Crail Johnson Earth Sciences & Map Library
University of Colorado Boulder Libraries
184 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309