I had some success going here:
https://geonames.nga.mil/geonames/GeographicNamesSearch/.  I typed in my
search term of Belfast. Then I clicked on the box labeled "fuzzy search,"
in the upper right. It returned a long list of Belfast places along with
checkboxes for filtering by country.  I selected UK and got a smaller
list.  But that did not tell me any information.  So, I checked the box for
City of Belfast and clicked the magnifying glass to zoom to it on the map.
Next I closed out that fuzzy search results window so I could see the map.
Then I clicked on the dot on the map and it gave me the name information.
This is really bizarre behavior, in my humble opinion.

Louise