From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Alyssa Renteria
Sent: Tuesday, 7 March 2023 21:41
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Massive weeding of a map collection -- panel discussion/workshop?

That sounds like a great panel discussion. It would be helpful to folks like me, who have partial responsibility for the map collections but haven't had that experience before. Our institution hasn't had a map librarian in years and there are no plans to hire a new one. My colleagues aren't too familiar with map collections either. Add in the fact that this isn't our primary focus for our jobs, the map collections are sort of frozen in time. I'd love to hear people talk about collection destruction in case we do end up doing a mass weeding project in the future.