That sounds like a great panel discussion. It would be helpful to folks
like me, who have partial responsibility for the map collections but
haven't had that experience before. Our institution hasn't had a map
librarian in years and there are no plans to hire a new one. My colleagues
aren't too familiar with map collections either. Add in the fact that this
isn't our primary focus for our jobs, the map collections are sort of
frozen in time. I'd love to hear people talk about collection destruction
in case we do end up doing a mass weeding project in the future.