Interesting idea, Chris. And especially salient to me since "my" own
collection (to say nothing of my employment) was just shipped to offsite
storage, its ultimate disposition allegedly still TBD.

A couple of initial thoughts come to mind:

   - Would the discussion focus exclusively on "how to manage the
   downsizing process," or also touch on "how to prevent/fight off the
   downsizing"? They're related, but I wonder if there's much new to say about
   the latter?
   - How does managing the downsizing process relate to a collection
   development policy? A good policy might be a road map for downsizing, but a
   major downsizing might well require major revisions to said policy.

Michael Fry (recently "de-cruited" from National Geographic Society)