Mapsfolk:

When we automated map circulation several years ago, we had to
confront circulation of a totally uncataloged map collection.  After a
little fudging and a lot of analysis, we did come up with a system.
However, one of the reasons WAML will be discussing Online
Circulation of Maps this fall is that it is a common problem that we
all seem to be confronting.  I can send out copies of my recently
revised map circulation manual (DOS Text) to anyone who requests it.
It will not have sample records (which are now cut & pasted into
spaces left in the document), but you should be able to get the
picture.

Linda Zellmer