We have been scanning them on a Agfa Arcus. The problem is the mass storgage
-storage- it takes.  We do only the central 65% because they are darker on
the edges, and at 300 dpi it takes 6 megabytes per color photo.  To get full
resolution you need to go to 600 dpi whic requires 4 times the space. Our
end use is vegetation maps so eventually we will dump the photos.
Bill
William H. Reid                  email: [log in to unmask]
Terrestrial Ecology K6-63        voice: 509 372 1161
Battelle PNL                     fax:   509 376 3968
POB 999
Richland, WA 99352  U.S.A.