     This job opportunity remains open, and Human Resources folk will be at
     ALA in Chicago to interview prospects.

     The salary is $39,494 per year.

     The job description was previously posted on Maps-L, I think in
     January or December.

     For further information, you can call me at 212-930-0589; or you may
     contact ALA's placement office [I don't have their number] and ask
     about interviewing at the annual conference.

     I am hopeful that, despite economic conditions, the Librarian I
     position will also soon be advertised. Watch this space.

     Alice Hudson
     Chief, Map Division
     The Research Libraries
     The New York Public Library