                       Stony Brook, NY 11794-3331

                                            David Y Allen
                                            Library-Reference
                                            516 632-7110
                                            26-Oct-1995 09:08am EDT
FROM:  DYALLEN
TO:    Remote Addressee                     ( [log in to unmask] )

Subject: Overwhelmed by responses for free topos

        I was surprised and pleased by the large number of responses to my
topo giveaway.  I already have about 40 responses in my file.  Many of them
were for the Army Maps Service (AMS) maps of Southwest Asia.  These have been
spoken for, and I cannot respond individually to requests for that set.  I will
get back to the rest of you individually, but it may take two or three weeks
for me to respond to all of you.  Thanks for your patience.