I am a reference librarian at AT&T Bell Labs who has been asked a
cartography question out of my league. I am not a subscriber to MAPS-L so
I hope my request for help is within the scope of this list:

My customer is looking for a database of latitude and longitude
coordinates that can be used to draw boundaries of countries of the world.
He wants to use this data as input for a software program he has developed.
Can anyone suggest where I might find such a database.

Please respond to me directly at [log in to unmask]  If there is
interest, I will be happy to post a summary of responses.

Thank You,

Jeff Grau
Bell Labs Technical Library
Holmdel, NJ