The Map Collection at the Free Library of Philadelphia has a growing
collection of regional aerial photographs. They are larger than most,
measuring approx. 2.5'x 2'. I've had them encapsulated with a large
end strip for possible binding. I've gotten an estimate for building
a storage facilitiy and for custom binders and it's expensive.
Any thoughts out there on alternative stoage methods for some this
big? At this point there are over 1,000 photos. What have other
locations done? Thanks for any suggestions.

Rich Boardman
Map Collection-Free Library of Philadelphia