Aloha,

A researcher here is interested in obtaining copies of Japanese
maps and charts that were used by the US Army Map Service to
compile topos in the early 1940's of the Palau Islands in the Pacific.

According to the info on our AMS Palau topo sheet (AMS Series W752),
the maps were compiled from 1) "a map by Imperial Land Survey of
                                Japan, 1931",
                            2) Japanese Hydrographic Charts 2106,
                                and 2136 [from 1930],
                            3) US Hydro. Off. chart 5423 [from 1926]

If anyone out in map-land has any of these pre-WWII maps and can ILL
or provide a xerox copy, I am sure this patron would be VERY grateful.
Thank you very much.

Aloha,
Ross Togashi
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Hamilton Library - Map Collection    [log in to unmask]