April;

Thanks for the warning.  I know one European who got arrested taking Korean
maps out of the country - was quite a hassle for him to prove he was not a
spy.  I'll stick to the travel/city maps, as the early days on the russian
topos turned me gray enough

Cheers, Russell

At 09:44 AM 4/17/97 EDT, you wrote:

>   A few comments on Russell Guy's posting:
>
>   I've handled the Shobunsha maps of Japan. They produce several
>   series of popular touristy sorts of maps which look good and come
>   folded to approx 3x8 inches. All in Japanese, though.
>
>   Getting maps out of Korea is definitely a tricky business. There
>   are topos (and very nice ones, too) with a warning on the back that
>   the map is to be burned rather than being taken out of the country,
>   and listing the laws you are breaking by doing so--in Korean and
>   English, no less. So, be careful, Russell!

>   April Carlucci                                [log in to unmask]
>   The British Library                        Voice +44 171 412 7000x4167
>   Map Library                                      +44 171 412 7703
>   Great Russell Street                       Fax   +44 171 412 7780
>   London  WC1B 3DG
>   United Kingdom               "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

OMNI Resources
http://www.omnimap.com