At 15:20 16/04/97 -0400, you wrote:

>The reference to running around a map on "Carmen SanDiego" brings back a
>movie memory.

This prompts the following request:

My 11-year-old daughter and her friends have been greatly enjoying
(and learning from) the game "Where in Europe is Carmen SanDiego" on
our home PC. It is a very old copy of the software (running under DOS
and still refers to Yugoslavia in its formerly unfragmented state),
inherited when we got the machine second-hand. At critical points in
the game, it keeps asking questions related to specific pages of
a particular edition of an atlas by Rand McNally which, we gather,
originally would have been supplied with the game. The sort of
questions are very much tied to the particular atlas: "what is the
first word in bold type on page 14?" type of thing, so we cannot
easilly adapt to another atlas instead.

Becky wanted me to ask if I can magic up a copy of the atlas for her
via the Internet. I'm hoping someone out there can help?

Many thanks....

Darius Bartlett (and Becky Bartlett!)
Darius Bartlett                                             Darius Bartlett
Department of Geography                              Roinn na Tireolaiochta
University College Cork                      Colaste na hOllscoile Corcaigh
Cork, Ireland                                                Corcaigh, Eire

Phone: (+353) 21 902835                               Fax: (+353) 21 271980
Internet: [log in to unmask]          WWW: http://www.ucc.ie:80/ucc.depts/geography
This message was transmitted using 100% recycled electrons....
        "Businesses and the Internet are like teenagers and sex.
           Everyone's obsessed with it.
             Everyone thinks everyone else is doing it.
                Everyone wants everyone else to think they do it, too.
                   But hardly anyone really does it,
                       And most of them do it badly."
[How to grow your business on the Internet, Coriolis Group Books, 1995.
   Vince Emery, (p112)]