Hi Michelle -
Just wanted to let you know about our company Maplink, Inc. - we are the
largest distribtor of maps in the country.  Unfortunately we do not carry
any digitalized product for your area of interest although we do have some
excellent coverage at 1:50K/1:100K/1:250K for Argentina and 1:250K for
Chile.  In addition, we carry the DMA TPC series at 1:500K scale. If these
are of interest to you please call our Customer Service dept. at
805-692-6777 - you can place an order today.

Thanks for the inquiry!

Lisa Flores
805-692-6777 ext.110

At 12:35 PM 6/23/97 EDT, you wrote:
>     I am looking for maps of the mountain passes between Argentina and
>     Chile for a study to promote economic growth in the region by
>     improving transport corridors. Any digitized maps suitable for use as
>     GIS layers would be great, but I'd be just as happy to get paper maps
>     at better than 1:1,500,000 scale. I know the more traditional sources
>     for satellite imagery, but as this is an international development
>     project funding is very limited for map purchases. Any tips you might
>     have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!  Michelle Morgan

Martana Rybnicek
Map Link, Inc.
30 South La Patera Lane, Unit #5
Santa Barbara, CA 93117