----------------------------Original message---------------------------- FYI: I couldn't locate the Web site at the address Tim gives below, but did find it at: http://www.harpercollins.co.uk/maps/ Web catalogs really help those of us who order maps to keep up with new titles. Do you plan on having a "New products" listing? I just hope the printed products catalog is up and running soon. I get my map budget in July and it doesn't take me long to spend it. -- Gwen Curtis At 05:04 PM 6/25/97 EDT, you wrote: >----------------------------Original message---------------------------- >Dear All, > >It is a while since I have written anything for the group. It has, >though, been a very busy year for us on the Cartographic Map Data >front so I have not had much time to spare. > >Perhaps the main thing to announce is that after much delay and >frustration we at last have the Bartholomew Web site up and running. >You can find this at http://harpercollins.co.uk/maps. For the moment >most of the content deals with Map Data (for GIS or DTP use), Electronic >or Multi-media products, and Business Gifts/Own Label products. We >are adding the printed products gradually, and obviously there will >be a full catalogue with covers and samples of all the paper product >in due course. As to my main interest on the data front, we now have >at least some description of everything. We are currently working >on completing the layer detail descriptions for all the databases >and the full feature code lists. They are not their yet, but we >will soon also add free downloadable samples in the most popular >formats (probably MapInfo, ArcInfo/ArcView and Raster). > >One thing I would like is links to as many related organisations as >possible, so if you are involved with a GIS, Cartographic or similar >site and would like me to consider building in a link then please >let me know. Obviously we would hope that you would reciprocate. > >That is probably taking up enough of your time for now, > >best wishes, > >Tim Rideout >Bartholomew > > Gwen Curtis ([log in to unmask]) Map Collection University of Kentucky Libraries Lexington, KY 40506-0039 (606) 257-1853