----------------------------Original message---------------------------- This program reminder is being posted on multiple lists. Please forgive any duplications. --------------------------------- The LITA Geographic Information Systems Interst Group (GISIG) is spnsoring the following program during the Annual ALA Meeting in San Francisco: Title: "Accessing Spatial Data and Services: Case Studies" Date: Sunday, June 29 Time: 9:30am-12:30pm Place: San Francisco Mariott Hotel, Golden Gate Room Speakers: Panelists are Patrick McGlamery (Map Libn, Univ. of Connecticut), June Scheider (Libn, Ocean County Public Library, NJ), Susanne Taylor (Documents Libn, Colorado State Univ.), and Frances Wainwright (Libn, Seattle Public Library). Program moderators/facilitators are Denise Stephens (Geog. Info. Coordinator, Univ. of Virginia) and Dean Jue (Dir., Spatial Analysis Research & Training, Florida State Univ.). Description: We will look at the nuts and bolts issues involved in bringing GIS-related services into the Library. Topics include: defining services, data availability & selection, software, training, marketing, and institutional consequences. Our panelists will share local experiences and insights, followed by an audience breakout session designed to discover the REAL questions, problems, and concerns faced by our colleagues in Academic AND Public Libraries. Plan to attend and to contribute to a dynamic community-wide discussion about GIS in the Library!