Hello to all air photo indexers!

I would also be interested in knowing what folks are doing to provide
access to scanned air photos.  We're running a pilot project this summer
to try to put something together.  So far we have the photos scanned
(only 270 of them, not the 60K+ that we'd like to do eventually!) and
we're working on registration and content analysis.  I hope that we'll
have some decisions on user interface "look and feel" by early August.
Eventually, the grand plan is to have an archive of older photos of IL
available through the Web -- hopefully in two versions.  One set of
files will be the raw data (plus metadata) available for download.  The
other set of files will be processed and formatted so that they can be
viewed quickly.  The processed files wouldn't be available for download.

Has anyone done anything like this?  Perhaps not on a really big scale
but something that might scale-up well?

--
Jenny Marie Johnson
Map and Geography Librarian