----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Darwin, At SPL we had a similar problem converting an old PFS database of a local newspaper index. Depending upon your version of PFS, you may be able to export your records as a DBase III database, then import them to a more modern database. In our case, Microsoft Access. With older versions of PFS, as ours was, we had to parse out the field structure of the old database. I think that is what you call the process. Then we built a new database from scratch in Access, matching the field order and field lengths. Then we imported the old records as text delimited files. Tedious. Jim Pace Reference Librarian Spokane Public Library [log in to unmask] >----------------------------Original message---------------------------- >I have been referred to you by folks at the Osher Map Collection in >Portland, Maine. At present I have my small map collection cataloged using >and old DOS program called "PFS File". By todays standards it is pretty >old. I'd like to upgrade, without too much trouble, to allow me to do more >with map data, printouts, etc. Any suggestions? >Thank you, Darwin >