Dear Alice,
   Have never seen it on a map (that doesn't mean it isn't on some map).
It's of course the age-old problem of amorphous, ill- or un-defined
regions that conjur up different things to different people.  My concept
of Silicon Valley is that it now (it keeps expanding) extends from about
San Mateo and Fremont south through San Jose. If you asked 100 other
people, you'd get 100 different answers.
    Phil
    Phil Hoehn
    Branner Earth Sciences Library
    Stanford University