----------------------------Original message---------------------------- I would like to thank those who replied to my questions about the relationship between the number of maps given in the physical description and the number of sets of coordinates. I liked Paige Andrew's comment that calling it two maps but only including one set of coordinates was not necessarily wrong, but merely inconsistent. After sending my second message I found an LC record for an earlier version of the map I was cataloging which did include two sets of coordinates (and had "2 maps" in the 300 field), thus validating my instincts on this map. I don't know why I didn't notice that record before I put my question out on the list. Be that as it may, it is always interesting to get the responses of the readers of Maps-L. Mark Crotteau Washington State University Pullman, WA <[log in to unmask]>