----------------------------Original message---------------------------- I have a patron who is seeking a facsimile of the map by John Mitchell entitled A Map of the British & French Dominions in North America. It was published in London, 1755. While I have been able to find reproductions of this significant map in a number of books they are not of a sufficient size to permit reading of the finer print. The patron is interested in the east Tennessee, west North & South Carolina, and north Georgia area, so an enlargement of only this area would probably be sufficient also. I have checked older catalogs from Historic Urban Plans, ACMLA, Bartholomew, & Ordnance Survey but do not find a Mitchell facsimile available. Does anyone know of a museum or publisher who has reprinted this map at a legible size? Thank you for your assistance. Joanne Perry Map Librarian OR State Univ [log in to unmask] 541/737-2971