Thanks to Guy for his comments. I too have been wondering what they will

make of the company. The Sun-Times article said that "by 2000 the
company probably will derive more than half its revenue from electronic
distribution of its vast cartographic database." Now, given how much of
that database is in various manual forms, and how much of that is
outdated or from inferior sources (i.e. Champion bases), I wonder...
Maybe this was an added incentive to buy the Gousha artwork last year?

A co-worker says they have at least two shifts in Evanston doing
digitizing work, so they must be making some inroads. But I really
question, given their past business patterns and map program decisions,
how thorough and forward-thinking a program they are developing.
--
Nat Case
Hedberg Maps, Inc.

Publisher of PROFESSOR PATHFINDER Maps
Production Office (White River Jct, VT): [log in to unmask]
Business and Sales Office (Minneapolis, MN): [log in to unmask]