----------------------------Original message---------------------------- This is a request for information from J. Kohut at Portland State University who is not on the list, please reply to him ([log in to unmask]). The catalogers at PSU are discussing plans to recon the map collection using Marchive records with SuDoc classifications; currently the topo maps are arranged alphabetically by state and quad name and the rest of the collection is organized geographically (although I am not sure if it is using LC). I get the impression that the catalogers are being quite insistent about this and Mr. Kohut would appreciate information which he can bring to the discussions which would help him counteract their intentions. Of course, if anyone feels that SuDoc organization would be an improvement he would like to hear that also. Thank you. Joanne Perry Map Librarian, Oregon State University [log in to unmask]