Hello
I am new to listservs in general, but I figure an introduction is appropriate.

My name is Kirsten Reed Thompson and I am new to this listserv.  I'm a student getting my degree in
Library and Information Science at the University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee.  I am working an internship
at the Milwaukee Public Library, and I am working with the map collection.  We are a federal and state
depository library as well as having a comprehensive collection of maps of Milwaukee, so there is a
wealth of materials to take care of.  I'm learning a lot about libraries and librarianship, you can bet!

Anyway, I have a few questions.
1.  We have old AMS map indexes which are getting quite brittle - does anyone know if there is a way of
getting new copies of these?

2.  Also, some DMA/NIMA maps of the whole world have arrived, but without index sheets.  The series
are 1145 and 1150 (I think, I am not looking at the maps).  Does anyone know if there is an index that
goes with these series.

3.  And finally, I am trying to locate a good source on the Internet or elsewhere, to notify me when a city
or country has changed names.  Any suggestions?

Thanks, and nice to "meet" all of you!