----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Hello I am new to listservs in general, but I figure an introduction is appropriate. My name is Kirsten Reed Thompson and I am new to this listserv. I'm a student getting my degree in Library and Information Science at the University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee. I am working an internship at the Milwaukee Public Library, and I am working with the map collection. We are a federal and state depository library as well as having a comprehensive collection of maps of Milwaukee, so there is a wealth of materials to take care of. I'm learning a lot about libraries and librarianship, you can bet! Anyway, I have a few questions. 1. We have old AMS map indexes which are getting quite brittle - does anyone know if there is a way of getting new copies of these? 2. Also, some DMA/NIMA maps of the whole world have arrived, but without index sheets. The series are 1145 and 1150 (I think, I am not looking at the maps). Does anyone know if there is an index that goes with these series. 3. And finally, I am trying to locate a good source on the Internet or elsewhere, to notify me when a city or country has changed names. Any suggestions? Thanks, and nice to "meet" all of you!