The message below from Mary Larsgaard sure took the wind out my sails when
I received it this morning. I am one of those map catalogers who had the
pleasure to work with Nancy when I was still learning to catalog maps at
UGA back in the late 1980s. I also had the pleasure of meeting her at the
map cataloging pre-conference at the 1990 ALA Annual Conference. So, it is
with great sadness that I read Mary's message.

Mary, thank you very much for sharing this news with the map community. It
is deeply appreciated.

Sincerely,

At 05:08 PM 12/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Many of us in the map-cataloging world
>have worked, with pleasure, with Nancy Edstrom.
>I just heard (from Li Hunt, USC ISLA),
>that Nancy died a few days ago, of leukemia.
>
>In August, shehad noticed "floaters" in her
>field of vision, and had gone in to
>have a checkup. She went from the
>checkup directly into the hospital,
>underwent several rounds of