Hi, Map Dudes --

First, I'd like to say thanks to all you guys who are putting some/part
of your air photo collections online.  You've probably all realized the
problems of getting this kind of information if one is not located in
the state (let alone the immediate area) and, as a computer dude who's
likely to have to point people towards these resources, you've saved
some folks immense amounts of time and hassles.

Next, I have some specific comments for Jenny about the UIUC APSP.  If
you're not Jenny, you may still want to read them because most of them
are kind of generic things I've bumped into either working with people
designing web pages or doing them myself.

That said, hi, Jenny -

I just tried your new site.  There are a coupla things you might want to
think about plus two actual problems with accessing data on the existing
pages

But, first, since I don't have an atlas anywhere here near my bed (and
no chance of getting one until I'm allowed to drive again in January --
I got my left hip replaced last month), where's Will County for somebody
who hasn't spent a lot of time in Illinois?  One of the things you might
want to add is a county outline map (with names for us ignoramuses) as a
selection mechanism, i.e., click on the county and you get the list of
the flightlines/dates/etc. that you can get for that county (or once
you've clicked on the county, you get put into the results page that
follows a selection of the same county on the Quick Search page).  It
would be really cool to show the flightlines/etc. graphically, but
having multiple dates with flightlines on the same page could get
incredibly confusing.

Next,  on my computer, I cannot access the bottom part of the left
frame.  There's no up/down slider bar and using PgDn after clicking in
the area of the left frame doesn't work. I don't know how much more is
below what I can see, but, in any case, the last thing I see is the top
of some letters that look like the word Proposal.

Next, I have a similiar problem with the lack of a left/right slider bar
in the left frame.  I see About The Projec which I presume should be
something like About The Project (probably with a colon given what I see
in the first header).

Both of these are common problems that I see when people are using
Microsoft's Front Page product.  For some reason, the software doesn't
automagically generate slider bars on the left frame (when I'm teaching
how to build web pages, this is something that I also find most
frustrating to teach!).

Next, you might want to ask your legal beagles about changing the
copyright notice to say "in any form" or "in electronic form" rather
than "in this form" based on some problems we've run into with defining
exactly what "this form" means. This does NOT mean getting rid of the
"commerical purposes" term!  ;-)

HTH.

vh
--
\ /     Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
 0      Bellnet:  310.206.7588