----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Hi, Map Dudes -- First, I'd like to say thanks to all you guys who are putting some/part of your air photo collections online. You've probably all realized the problems of getting this kind of information if one is not located in the state (let alone the immediate area) and, as a computer dude who's likely to have to point people towards these resources, you've saved some folks immense amounts of time and hassles. Next, I have some specific comments for Jenny about the UIUC APSP. If you're not Jenny, you may still want to read them because most of them are kind of generic things I've bumped into either working with people designing web pages or doing them myself. That said, hi, Jenny - I just tried your new site. There are a coupla things you might want to think about plus two actual problems with accessing data on the existing pages But, first, since I don't have an atlas anywhere here near my bed (and no chance of getting one until I'm allowed to drive again in January -- I got my left hip replaced last month), where's Will County for somebody who hasn't spent a lot of time in Illinois? One of the things you might want to add is a county outline map (with names for us ignoramuses) as a selection mechanism, i.e., click on the county and you get the list of the flightlines/dates/etc. that you can get for that county (or once you've clicked on the county, you get put into the results page that follows a selection of the same county on the Quick Search page). It would be really cool to show the flightlines/etc. graphically, but having multiple dates with flightlines on the same page could get incredibly confusing. Next, on my computer, I cannot access the bottom part of the left frame. There's no up/down slider bar and using PgDn after clicking in the area of the left frame doesn't work. I don't know how much more is below what I can see, but, in any case, the last thing I see is the top of some letters that look like the word Proposal. Next, I have a similiar problem with the lack of a left/right slider bar in the left frame. I see About The Projec which I presume should be something like About The Project (probably with a colon given what I see in the first header). Both of these are common problems that I see when people are using Microsoft's Front Page product. For some reason, the software doesn't automagically generate slider bars on the left frame (when I'm teaching how to build web pages, this is something that I also find most frustrating to teach!). Next, you might want to ask your legal beagles about changing the copyright notice to say "in any form" or "in electronic form" rather than "in this form" based on some problems we've run into with defining exactly what "this form" means. This does NOT mean getting rid of the "commerical purposes" term! ;-) HTH. vh -- \ / Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California 0 Bellnet: 310.206.7588 Oo Email: [log in to unmask] http://www.ioa.ucla.edu/~hetrick Site of the month: http://www.2chicks.org