 I ask the list's indulgence. Please respond to me and not the list.  I
will summarize for the list as I must forward the summary to my bosses.
We will have a new library & map room in 2000.  So we are looking for the
norm concerning circulated maps.

 I know the policy on circulation of maps has been asked in the past.  I
have been asked to expand on yes or no.  So I will ask that you all answer
question one below.  For those of you who do circulate your maps I ask
your help in answering the additional five questions.
Thank You in Advance for your assistance.

1) Do you circulate any of your maps?           YES _____       NO _____

2) Is your collection in its' own Library       YES _____       NO _____
 (Are you a room or a stand alone?)

3) What is the approximate size of your collection?
   (pieces or sheets)
                                                <25K _____      25-50K _____

                                                50-100K _____   > 100K_____

4) Of your collection do you circulate?

                                PART ____     ALMOST ALL_____   ALL _____
                                                (> 80%)

5) Do you circulate any maps by Hand?           ALL _____       SOME _____

6) Do you have automated check out for maps?    YES _____       NO _____

 I will be very interested to see if a  pattern exist and how many map
collections are still checking out by hand.

 Thank You again for your assistance.

  Peter Gratton      [log in to unmask]
  Government Publications Dept Library
  Univ of Nevada, Las Vegas
  4505 Maryland Parkway
  Box 457013
  Las Vegas NV 89154-7013

 I have all the answers. I just don't know, what questions they go to.