This message is being cross-posted to a number of lists. Our apologies
for any duplicate copies received.

For the past twelve months, teams from the Sea-Grant Institute at the
University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA), at the Coastal Services Centre
of NOAA (South Carolina, USA) and the Coastal Resources Centre at
University College Cork (Ireland) have been compiling a bibliography
of scientific literature relating to coastal and marine applications
of geographic information systems (GIS) and related technologies.

The resulting database has now been put on the World Wide Web as a
fully-interactive, searchable resource at

http://www2.csc.noaa.gov/gisprojects/biblio/default.asp

Please note that this is the first release of the database and, while
it has been extensively tested by a dedicated intercontinental team of
reviewers and critics, some glitches may still inadvertantly have crept
in. Please contact the "webmaster" through the NOAA/CSC home page if
you do notice any problems with the search tool.

Please also note that this is intended to be a "live" and evolving
project. The compilers would therefore welcome any information
regarding new publications (or those that may have escaped our earlier
searches) that merit inclusion. They may be sent to me at the address
below, or else to any of the other contributors as detailed on the Web
pages.

In the mean time, enjoy! We hope you find this resource useful....

Darius Bartlett
Darius Bartlett                                             Darius Bartlett
Department of Geography                              Roinn na Tireolaiochta
University College Cork                      Colaste na hOllscoile Corcaigh
Cork, Ireland                                                Corcaigh, Eire

Phone: (+353) 21 902835                               Fax: (+353) 21 271980
Mobile (in Ireland): 086 8238043    Mobile (from abroad): (+353) 86 8238043
E-mail: [log in to unmask]       Web URL: http://www.ucc.ie/ucc/depts/geography/djb
This message was transmitted using 100% recycled electrons....