----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Dear Francis, I found the five of eight places requested in the index to an 1884 map of Germany bound in atlas form. From that map at 1:750,000, I was able to locate the names on sheets 86 and 88 and on the sheets above 87 and 88 (74 & 75?) of our 1807 edition of the Topographisch-Militarisch charte von Teutschland in 204 Blattern (I think my spelling is correct for our copy but would have to check it. Pristelwitz was about 20 km south of Breslau, Prausnitz about the same distance north, and Luben about to the west. The village of Probsthayn (slightly different on the map) was, I think about 80 km west. The only one outside this relatively confined area was Augustusberg, a short distance east of Chemnitz, on sheet 84. Unfortunately when I bought the map in Vienna, I did not know there was an index to it. Its always nice to have something to shop for. I'm fairly certain that the three remaining names will be found on sheets 85, 86, 87 or the three sheets directly above these, all of which should be in the NE volume. If I understand you correctly, from the NE volume, there are 4 Biesdorfs, a Kreidelwitz, and a Grammentin. Lets confine the Biesdorf or Biesdorfs to just those sheets mentioned. At that point I think I will have all of them. Thanks very much Francis. All the best, Ron Ron Whistance-Smith 14520 84th Ave. NW Edmonton, AB Canada T5R 3X2 FAX: (403) 483-5858 email: [log in to unmask]