This is a "half empty" or "half-full" question to me.  As an optomist, I like to
think that a person standing precisely at the pole is in every time zone.
Maybe it depends on which direction you face.   But if you are a
dimensionless point sitting precisely at the pole...  hmmmmm

>>> Rich Boardman <[log in to unmask]> 02/27/98 02:20pm

Had an unusual question yesterday. The patron wanted to know the time
zone designation for the South Pole and its relation (time-wise) to
Washington, D.C.It seems to me that neither the north or south poles
would be in any zone. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Rich Boardman
Map Collection
Free LIbrary of Philadelphia