One thing about the Internet is that we all come off looking really good
just because there are a bunch of other folks out there who are willing
to help......

Some while back I was talking to somebody about the Internet and
observed that, when people get into certain kinds of jobs, there's no
longer any locally available colleague who can be a collaborator when
you get stuck on something.  The Internet (both webness and email, not
to mention lists) solves that by letting us get together virtually
between our inperson meetings.

While I'm mostly a lurker on this list, in most places, I think map
librarians and other special librarians are in that particular spot.

v(no 90H2O until Friday -- whew)h
--
\ /     Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
 0      Bellnet:  310.206.7588