----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Some contemporary commercial maps can drive you crazy! I have here a map of Europe, no title on the sheet, itself, but the cover it's folded into has: Euro Cart, Euro- -Continental Map 1:2,500,000, Europe. Also on cover: American Map Corporation, Maspeth NY. In the margin of the sheet we see that the copyrights are: RV Verlag, with another one which has: Kartografie: GeoData. No date, but this: " Laufzeit 1998". A search through OCLC shows that others in the Euro Cart series were published by Kummerly and Frey--and RV Verlag was involved, also. Which entity is the real publisher? Is American Map Corp. just the U.S. distributor? More and more we see that one company's maps are issued inside a different publisher's cover. Well, what map cataloguer doesn't love all this complexity! Sue Haffner Map Library CSU Fresno Fresno, Calif.