----------------------------Original message---------------------------- With my tongue in my cheek and having grown up in Port Townsend, I report the following as well as posing a question for you (to which I already know the answer): When I was a kid, it was customary for an organization called Community Concerts in PT to sponsor some cultural events. One time, a string quartet came through. The night before they played PT, they played in Port Angeles, 47 miles to the west. When they were introducing themselves to us, this particular couple introduced themselves as, "That's LaPorte, not LaPush." I leave it to you map mavens to figure out where LaPush is (Washington natives excepted). ;-) Another librarian-type question is: A map of the geography of the first book by the most famous author (and BELIEVE ME, you have all heard of this person) to reside in Port Townsend is legendary. Who's the author (who wrote two subsequent volumes in Port Townsend)? Gofer it, Port, er.....Pete! ;-) vh -- \ / Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California 0 Bellnet: 310.206.7588 Oo Email: [log in to unmask] http://www.ioa.ucla.edu/~hetrick Site of the month: http://www.yana.org