>Form: Memo
>Text: (22 lines follow)
>I have a patron doing research on the Winkel Tripel projection and its
>creator Oswald Winkel.  Other than Mr. Winkel living from 1873-1953 and
>presenting his projection in 1921 in Germany, I have no other information on
>him.  Does anyone on the list have any ideas?
>
>Michael J. Horner
>National Geographic Society
>Map Library
>1145 17th Street, NW
>Washington, DC  20036-4688
>Phone: 202/775-6173
>Fax:     202/429-5704
>E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

------

====> The following may assist you in researching Oswald Winkel:

(1)  OCLC has a record for Oswald Winkel as an editor of the 3rd edition of
the Columbus-Volksatlas; see OCLC record no. 11514953.

(2)  Die Deutsche Bibliothek at http://z3950gw.dbf.ddb.de/ has three author
records for Oswald Winkel.

Harry O. Davis                       <> Phone:    618-453-2705
Map and Assistant Science Librarian  <> FAX:      618-453-2704
Morris Library / MS 6632
Southern Illinois University         <> Internet: [log in to unmask]
Carbondale, Illinois 62901