Hello,

  After receiving a new USGS I-map today (I-2544) with the Miscellaneous
Investigations Series title on it (rather than Geologic Investigations
Series), I decided to go and check on the Geologic vs. Miscellaneous
Investigations maps on the shelf.  According to the Administrative Notes
supplement, the Geologic Investigations Series starts with I-2522.
However, I have found 23 Miscellanous Investigations after I-2522,
compared with 12 Geologic Investigations.  Some of the Miscellanous
Investigations are dated 1997 (I-2522 was published in 1996).  Can
someone clarify this matter?  Will the series continue to be split
between titles, or will they all eventually be the Geologic
Investigations series?

*
Linda Zellmer                                           Phone: (602)
965-5973
Map Librarian                                           Fax:  (602)
965-0883
Arizona State University Libraries              EMail:
P.O. Box 871006
Tempe, Arizona  85287-1006