I seem to recall a similar article, I don't know where or when, that focused on
towns in the US named "Washington".

Looking forward to the answer to this question.......

Morgan

Morgan Bearden
US Geological Survey                      National Mapping Division
Mid-Continent Mapping Center                              Rolla, Missouri
573-308-3591

>>> "J. Florey" <[log in to unmask]> 03/18 2:27 PM >>>
I'm not sure if this is the information you need, but I do remember
reading somewhere that more states had a town named Springfield than any
other name.  There was a short-lived magazine in 1989-1990 that had one of
its reporters visiting the Springfields one by one.

Regards,
Jay Florey