Dear all,

as announced some time ago, the Idrisi Resource Center Salzburg has
worked to setup a webbased:

     IDRISI Users Database

This is an attempt to help finding contacts for Idrisi users working in
the same fields of profession. Originally the idea arose from a lot of
inquiries of the Idrisi Resource Center Salzburg about such contacts.
Another - more pragmatic - reason is our continued experience in
implementing webbased database access facilities.

You do not have to be registered Idrisi user nor do you have to pay for
the service. As of now access is free to everyone.

The technology behind the scenes is ASP (MS Active Server Pages) + MS
Access. We tested on Netscape Communicator and MS Internet Explorer,
both in their most recent Windows NT versions.

What's there already?
 * Browsing the actual database
 * Searching the actual database
 * Adding your entry (entries)
 * Modifying your entry (entries)
 * Deleting your entry (entries)

The system is automated, thus normally needs no administrative
interactions. To modify or delete an entry you must know the unique
username/password-combination that you have to choose before you are
able to add a new file to the database.

We do not give away the informations (simply your contact address and
keywords describing your interests) to third parties nor do we use them
in any other way.

If general database structure is to be modified ever, we will care for
the transfer of your data.

Currently this is a prototype and all the persons being involved (in
fact only Peter EGGER, who did the main work and me) are no professional
programmers.

I cordially invite you all to put in your contact informations and send
us ([log in to unmask]) comments, wishes, hints, critics, bugs,
experiences, etc.

Last but not least .. the most important of all :)

   http://www.geo.sbg.ac.at/idrisi/idrisiusers.htm

With best regards from the IDRISI Resource Center Salzburg, Austria

eric j. lorup