----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Since I can't seem to find an FAQ for this list, I'd like to ask a few (probably) commomly asked questions: 1. Can anyone out there suggest any courses that may be available via correspondence that cover introductory material on cartography. I have looked through the entire Peterson's Guide titled "The Independent Study Catalog" (1995) and the only listing that approaches what I seek is a course out the U. of Minnesota titled Geography 1501-Language of Maps. This is purely for self edification and college credit is not realy necessary. I know that here (U of Wisconsin-Madison) offers courses and a major in cartography-GIS but due to my current job attending daytime classes is really not a possibility. 2. I'd also would like to hear suggestions on intro books on the subject, if anyone care to, that may suffice for self study. Manuel Mendoza