Sorry, I forgot two things in the compression note I wrote last night.

Practically speaking, if you want to deliver images saved with a
lossless method over the net, most present-day browsers will require a
plug-in.  Effectively, this means that many people will ignore your
images because a recent study shows that less than 20 percent of all
people with browsers actually have at least one plug-in.  Less than half
of those are properly installed.

The second thing is that, except for .rle, the lossless methods result
in files that are even bigger than gigantic.  .rle yields files that are
only gigantic.

HTH.

vh
--
\ /     Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
 0      Bellnet:  310.206.7588