>>> Dik Priadin <[log in to unmask]> 04/23 1:22 PM >>>
> Hello everyone...
>I am a final year student of geodetic engineering at Bandung
> Institute of Technology - Indonesia. Currently, I'm finishing my
> final project concerning digital orthophoto generation based on DTM
> (Digital Terrain Model). Since my references are very limited, my
> work goes slowly. Here, I could hardly find some resources for my
> assignment and the economic turmoil that we face worsen the
> situation. Could anyone of you name some URL or papers that I can
> acces on the internet ?. Some pointers and books would help me a lot
> as well. Any help and assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> -Dik Priadin-

Dik,

One place where you may wish to start is the USGS DOQ page at
   http://nsdi.usgs.gov/nsdi/products/doq.html
and follow the information for "standards."

Some specific information from
     http://mapping.usgs.gov/www/ti/DOQ/doqpt1.html
includes the following:

"The digital orthophoto is created by scanning an aerial photograph transparency
(diapositive) with a precision image scanner. The scanned data file is then
digitally rectified to an orthographic projection by processing each image pixel
through photogrammetric space resection equations. This process requires, as
input, ground control points acquired from ground surveys or developed in
aerotriangulation, conjugate photo-coordinates of ground control, camera
orientation parameters, and a digital elevation model (DEM). The rectified
digital image is then archived on suitable digital storage media with a
keyword-based informational (metadata) header affixed to the beginning of the
digital image. "

 Hope this helps,
 Charley

 Charles Hickman -- Geographer
   U.S. Geological Survey -- Rolla, Missouri, USA
   http://mapping.usgs.gov/
   http://mcmcweb.er.usgs.gov/