Dear Maps-Lers,

This is an informal query for my personal information only.

I am interested in hearing from fellow map catalogers about their work area(s)
for map cataloging. More specifically, I am looking for examples of design and
arrangement of an integrated work area for cataloging cartographic materials
(sheet maps, atlases, computer files, etc.) in an online environment.

If possible, I would like to know such things as...

* your location (within the library, department, etc.)

* dimensions of work area(s) (including tables for viewing maps, shelves for
storing maps, etc.)

* general layout of work area (where is your PC in relation to the "item in
hand"?)

* rationale for the arrangement/design of your work area

If you wish to send pictures and/or drawings illustrating your work area, they would
be most welcome!

Thank you.
Paula Moehle
Paula E. Moehle