------------------
Hello all,

I would like to follow up my previous posting with some additional =
information
about the ESRI User Conference and the GIS for Libraries preconference =
workshop.
The User Conference will be help July 27-31 at the San Diego Convention =
Center
(San Diego, CA).

We have a great program prepared this year.  We have two entire paper =
sessions
(a total of seven presentations=21) devoted to the topic of GIS in =
Libraries.
Abstracts for most of the papers are online at
http://www.esri.com/base/events/uc/index.html.  We also are planning one
technical session in the Computer Lab to provide some hands-on time with =
ArcView
and the newest extensions (StreetMap, 3D Analyst) and ArcExplorer.  All of =
these
events will occur on Tuesday, July 28.

We have a special discount on the registration fee for librarians and others
using GIS in libraries (both public and academic libraries).  The price for
librarians and K-12 educators is =24250  (the standard fee is =24950).  To =
qualify
for this price, you need to include a special code on your registration =
form:
on the line marked =22Install/Customer No.=22, write =22CRBK12LIB=22.  =
(Include your
Customer number as well, if you know it.)  You can register online at
http://www.esri.com/base/events/uc/index.html or by completing the =
registration
form found in the User Conference brochure.

Also, I wanted to follow up my earlier note about the preconference workshop
with a tentative schedule and registration instructions.  To register, you =
will
need to complete the registration form in the UC brochure.  In the area =
marked
=22Preconference Seminars=22, add the description
=22GIS for Libraries  -   =2450   -  Sun. All day=22.  (Note: you cannot =
register
online for the preconferenc workshop.)

The tentative schedule is as follows:

8:00    Greetings and Introductions
8:30    Introduction to GIS and ArcView Basics=2A
10:00   Break
10:15   What's new in ArcView 3.1
12:00    Lunch
1:00    Working with government data sources (DOQs, DRGs, DEMs, etc.)
2:30    Break
2:45    GIS and the Web (ArcView IMS and ArcExplorer)
4:30    Wrap-up

=2AThe =22ArcView Basics=22 session is designed for librarians with little =
or no
experience using ArcView.

Please contact me if you have any additional questions or need a User =
Conference
brochure (alee=40esri.com or 612/454-0600).

See you in San Diego,

Angela Lee
ESRI Schools and Libraries Program
1305 Corporate Center Dr., Suite 250