As an avid outdoorsman, I find the 15 minute quads much more useful for
backbacking and river trips than the 7.5 minute quads.  Unfortunately,
since the 15 minute quads have not been updated in awhile, road and trail
information might be misleading.  I spend most of my outdoor time in North
Idaho, land of deficit timber road building, so that particular problem may
be more acute here than in New York.

Jim Pace

>In an effort to save space in the libraries, I've been asked whether we
>still need our collection of USGS 15 minute topographic maps and DMA 15
>minute maps.  They are used occasionally.  We receive 7.5 minute topos for
>all states, and other USGS maps at varying scales.  Is there something very
>useful about the 15 minute maps that we would jeopardize by giving them up?
> (I'll keep the New York 15' maps, at the least.)

Jim Pace  [log in to unmask]
Reference Librarian
Spokane Public Library
906 W Main