Subject: how high the map cases, how high the moon...
Author:  Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>  at {ucsdhub}
Date:    5/16/98 3:36 PM

     OK gang. I have been known to quote "national map library standards"
     to my bosses, about how map cases should be no higher than ca. 50"...

     now they want to know where I got that from... did I make this up in a
     creative moment? I went to the SLA university library standards, and
     it is not there. Not in Larsgaard or Drazniowsky.

     I would like to think I am my own authority on all things, especially
     map cases [sigh] but no.

     Any one out there in library land, who has been working on space
     studies, have a clue as to where this "3 units high" idea came from?

     Alice Hudson
     Map Division, NYPL