     The New York Public Library Center for Humanities is advertising for
     scholars in residence to start work here next fall. Please see my
     immediately adjacent message in which I forwarded the ad describing
     the scholars program.

     I encourage map history scholars to strongly consider this program, as
     I would like to see the Map Division resources become a real resource
     to the scholars center.

     Please post and share with your favorite cartographic graduate
     students and professors who might like a break, and  a little time in
     Manhattan.

     Alice Hudson
     Chief, Map Division
     Center for Humanities